Leggett Medical Group, Inc. Innovative Senior Care
Leggett Medical is an Innovative Senior Care Mobile
Practice caring for Seniors in Skilled Nursing Facilities and Assisted
Living Facilities run by Dr. Karen Leggett, a board certified and fellowship trained geriatrician.
Please see our tab on "What We Specialize In"
1. Providing innovative senior medical care in a prompt, curteous, and compassionate manner
2. Applying evidence-based, leading edge memory care.
3. Assuring respect for individualized needs and desires, with a focus on safety and patient dignity
4. Implementing comprehensive close monitoring to avoid preventable illness and accidents.
5. Upholding open communication between family, caregivers and medical professionals.
Dr. Leggett is a compassionate caring physician with the unique skills to handle complex medical conditions in a calm and effective manner. She has been a teacher and mentor to many medical students and nurse practitioner students, and has worked to encourage young medical graduates to pursue a career with compassion and commitment.
Dr. Leggett has always spent more time than the average physician with her patients. She does not believe in maintaining typical required quotas and has never believed in productivity bonuses. Dr. Leggett spends the time necessary to provide excellent medical care, communicate appropriately with the family and patient, and make sure the staff is fully aware of the plan of care.
Dr. Leggett also believes that creativity is a necessary part of providing individualized care. Because of the increasingly complex issues that tend to arise as we age, and the limitations that treatments commonly have, Dr. Leggett works to use creative approaches to overcome obstacles.